Hospital Interpretation and Translation Service in Korea
We believe that providing excellent healthcare to every individual – regardless of language, culture, race or ability – is the right thing to do. As the world grows more culturally global and multilingual, it is vital now more than ever to have a reliable language support that can help you seamlessly take on this challenge.
For years, U-MEDI has faithfully delivered commendable interpretation and translation services to healthcare professionals, caregivers and patients at their critical moments of need. We are exceedingly proud to be the trusted language support provider to hundreds of healthcare institutions across the Republic of Korea.
By partnering with U-MEDI, these hospitals, healthcare providers and clinics have access to reliable, fast, and secure language services that are available day and night.
We provide our healthcare clients with a 360 degrees language coverage. This includes interpretation delivered by qualified interpreters, as well as on-site translation of all vital documents.
Our services are available seven days a week.
1. Ensure Safety and Satisfaction
When you’re in the hospital, your peace of mind is as valuable as receiving the best healthcare available. If you can’t understand the diagnosis or feedback from your doctor, and they can’t understand you, certainty of treatment is almost impossible. This is the most fundamental way that language affects patient experience. By communicating with patients in a way that is culturally and linguistically appropriate, patient satisfaction and safety can be increased while building trust.
2. Consider the Best Treatment Option for You
Most patients don't know the best treatment options for them. It is also exceptionally difficult to know the right medical institution to visit for your medical condition. Our interpreter will help find an alternative option within the 760 Hospital networks in Korea.
3. Decrease the Risk of Misunderstanding
Having an interpreter lowers the risk of misunderstanding, misdiagnoses, inadequately informed consent, and the inability to follow treatment plans, which can result in inefficient or ineffective treatment, increased expenses, and repeated visits.
4. Increase Efficiency
Meaningful language access leads to greater operational efficiency. When you interact in a patient’s preferred language, you are able to reduce the time needed for each encounter. You also decrease the number of diagnostic tests that might otherwise be ordered. Patients will no longer be frustrated by communication barriers and instead will be able to receive outstanding care.
Why are Hospital Interpretation and Translation Services so Important for You?
- Patient care – Interpreters ease the tension and frustration experienced by patients who do not speak Korean and thus, improves the quality of patient care.
- Responsive – Foreigners with limited Korean language ability admit to waiting for an emergency situation to seek healthcare, as they fear a situation where they cannot clearly communicate with their healthcare provider.
- Accessible – Patients with limited Korean speaking ability without access to interpreters return to emergency care more frequently than patients with interpreters, increasing the cost of patient care.
- Efficient – Without effective communication, unexpected costs increase. These expenses are currently estimated to cost the Korean National Health Insurance (KNHI) over $400 Million per annum.
- Cost saving – Patients with limited Korean language ability without Interpreters incur higher charges and longer stays than other patients, increasing the cost of patient care.
- Compliance – The risk of litigation is significantly increased if care is not provided in line with equality, human rights and regulatory frameworks.
After Care Services
After your hospital interpretation or translation service, we can contact the hospital for your next appointment. We will also adjust your medical care to your schedule and provide alternative options.